Saturday, March 04, 2006

claws

my hands are claws. I can barely type this.

but I was on a ROLL!!!

this is one afternoon/evening's progress on the pinwheel baby blanket:

pinwheel baby blanket

the toughest parts were starting - dividing 5 stitches on to 3 needles, and then keeping them from twisting on you, and then again when it got too big for 4 needles, trying to transfer to the circulars with the stitches falling off the ends of the dpns.

but once it's on the circular...woohoo! take off!

it would get pretty monotonous with just the stockinette stitch, if I didn't add the stripes. the finished project will be 4 shades of pink - getting lighter from the center.

Anyone have a decorative knit edging I can do? I had to just bind it off and leave it at that.

But now...I really need to rest my claws.

7 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

YES! I emailed you a knit lace pattern a while ago. It starts with 7 stitches and varies between 3-9 (depending on YOs and K2togs). You just knit that short pattern over and over and over until you have the length you want. It's a lovely lace edging.

I'll find it again and post it here.

Actually, maybe I'll knit up a few inches and post it for you so you can see what I'm talking about.

What weight yard and what size needles are you using?

3/05/2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I'm working with a worsted weight acrylic - caron's simply soft. on size 8 needles.

Since the whole thing is in multiples of 10, is there a way to make that a 10 stitch repeatable lace?

I know I know, I am SO demanding!

3/05/2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

That's sooo stinkin' purty, even tho it's pink. Can't wait to see the finished goodie.

3/05/2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

No, but you don't knit it directly onto the blanket. It's a separate piece that you make as long as you want then whip stitch onto the finished product. That's why it's such a fabulous pattern!

I'll do up a swatch tonight & post a picture for you tomorrow. You go knit that blanket for now, mkay? ;)

3/05/2006 3:29 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

That's going to be sooo amazing!

3/05/2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

we're back to claws, but much progress made. did my first pattern round of color #3. I realized tonight (while watching a history channel program on Hell) that with the exception of the first round of each color (which is a single row), the color stripes are worked in multiples of 6.

I hope i'm not making a BLANKET OF BURNING HELLFIRE for this little baby!


also realized that this blanket has all the repetitive excitement of a scarf, without that obvious thrill of seeing progress getting in the way. round and round and round and ROUND I GO!

3/05/2006 10:09 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

"worked in multiples of 6" Bwahaha!!! I was watching that show too. It appears that my DH has a number rare books mentioned in that program. I told him he was going to burn in hell and take me along with him...

As long as you don't start having major vertigo, I'm sure the blanket won't cause any trouble such as spontaneously combusting.

3/06/2006 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home