Monday, January 09, 2006

Exciting!

I'm making a hat and mittens for our Canadian friend, Tot. I finished the hat last night and agonized over the mittens off and on today. Imagine my surprise when I actually started them today and discovered they're pretty easy and the directions make more sense than I thought once I actually started doing it.

Yay!

I'll post a hat pic soon and a mitten picture as well, if they continue going as quickly and as pleasantly. Hee hee.

Julz, I'll probably only go to the post office once to mail both your and Lovie's packages, so hang in another week, mkay? ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

You can buy the postage for packages online now--you pay with a credit card and print it on your computer. Most places also let you make the mailbitch pick up the package, if you have a safe place to leave it. If not, you can stick it in a mailbox to make it go buhbye.

1/10/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I have been able to do nothing but curl up on the couch and think non-intestinal thoughts for the past couple of days. Feeling better now, though, so it's off to Aimee's gift, the ultimate "looks hard but is really much easier than you'd think" project.

I still owe Tot one of those beanies. Gah!

1/10/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I'm not falling for that. you bitched about that beanie FORVER.

1/11/2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Lovie's mittens are almost done--I just have to finish the thumb on the second one.

Later today, I'll ask my mom or my sister (who's coming up for the night) to model for me so I can post a picture.

Oh--and yesterday I found a new yarn shop in the town where Em's dad lives. I got the YUMMIEST silk/wool blend for a sweater for my mom. I'll post a pic of that, too.

1/15/2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Ggrrrrrrrr. Can't find my camera cord to plug into the computer.

Pictures await... I'll post 'em as soon as I can!

1/16/2006 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home