Thursday, December 22, 2005

Finished scarf

The steam blocking sort of worked. It doesn't curl as badly as it did, but it still curls.

"right" side:

broken rib scarf



"wrong" side:



I think the blocking also made it softer than it already was!

I hope my dad likes it!

fyi: broken rib stitch goes like this

cast on an odd number

row 1: k1, p1 across, ending with k1
row 2: k across

repeat 1 and 2 until you're done! I woud recommend putting a garter stitch border on - maybe 3 on each side. I'm going to try it for the scarf I'm making myself on the trip to pittsburgh.

also, I posted a "knitting tip" on the knitting discussion board on craftster - if you'd like to see, it's here. there's another one of mine further up on the page...or the previous page, maybe.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

I'm doing a scarf in seed stitch with the elegance yarn for my MIL. It's gorgeous and thanks ESC for turning me on to the yarn!

Just added the blog to my RSS feed and I'll be back.

12/23/2005 8:06 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Wow, Regan, that's beautiful! Sorry it's still curly--I gave you all the best advice I knew. :D

12/24/2005 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do I know from knitting? Nothing, that's what I know. But I am here to declare my Julie as "The Iron Knittress"!
For Christmas, starting like back in April, she knitted so many cool things in a wide variety of stitches, patterns, and yarns for so many people that she must truly be The Iron Knittress. There can be no other like her.
And all the knitted things are loved and admired for their beauty, their grace and their function!
Merry Christmas to all, and Happy New Year too!

12/26/2005 6:41 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Rick, you're one in a million, you know that? And Julz, you're one lucky woman. Merry Christmas, you two. :)

12/26/2005 8:41 PM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

That is either the SWEETEST thing ever...or Rick is gunning for some..."extra" holiday surprises this year.

12/26/2005 10:07 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Julie you slut!

12/28/2005 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home