Wednesday, January 25, 2006

beginning and endings

I started a sock last night!

I was going to do a pattern from knitpicks where you did both socks at the same time using 2 size 3 circular needles. But NOBODY SELLS any that aren't bamboo. and I wanted metal.

So I just picked up some size 3 dpns and then flipped through my new book," Sensational knitted socks" (my order from crafter's choice came in!) and found a pattern marked easy that I could use my knitpicks yarn and size 3 dpns.

I picked one that uses the "easy toe" method (you start with the toes) and used a beaded rib pattern.

look!

more sock


annnnnnnnnnnnnnd...Aimee's gift is finished!

So Aimee, if you want to be surprised, do NOT scroll down, OK?















are you scrolling??













shame on you!
















dammit Aimee!!!












OK, if you don't want it to be a surprise....










hooray!
post-felting




4 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

OH MY GOD, IT'S GORGEOUS!!!

The socks... I mean the sock is gorgeous. I didn't see anything else on this page. I started scrolling down, but averted my eyes. I only came down to the comments section because I had to because you said comply and, well, you know...

Thanks, Noodle. :) I really like it!

And I like the sock, too. I'm going to start on mine soon, but I must admit I've signed up to make three hats as well because I'm nervous about starting the socks! (Though once I fall in love with sock making, I intend the buy that yarn called Trekking XXL, color 100, by Skacel).

1/26/2006 8:17 AM  
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

yeah, the toe is already closed. you don't have a seam across the front at all. I am worried about that, because my big toes have a tendence to poke holes through socks - my toenails angle up, and they SLICE right through after awhile. I'm worred that maybe I should have reenforced the toe somehow.

1/26/2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Kitchener? Que es esto?

1/26/2006 12:22 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Ah, I see... so you're going to teach this to me then, right?

1/26/2006 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home