Monday, August 07, 2006

procrastinatorial FO's

I like making up words.

Dude, it's been so long since I've posted anything on a blogger blog, I almost forgot how. HA!

OK, so TECHNICALLY I have some UFOs. There is the infamous shawl, which I haven't touched in almost a year. There is also Knitty's Branching Out, which I started and stopped after repeated frogging, ripping, and angst. It LOOKS so easy...but it's not.

So Aimee was right - I knit in the evenings instead of write. BAD ME! But there ya go.

A peaches and cream washcloth, pattern from this site, in the "open stars" pattern.

cotton washcloth

I made some toddler sized socks for when I visit my friend Elizabeth this week. I had made the pinwheel blanket for her newborn Lily, but felt guilty for never having knitted her son, Dylan, anything. These are just out of cotton.

baby socks!

I made a little hedgehog from my Family Circle knit toys book - same one I got the pink pig pattern from. He's done in Caron simply soft and lion brand fun fur yarn.

hedgehog 2


And finally, my WIP - a gift for my mother: uhh...a knit elf condom.

weirdo looking sock

No really! It's a sock! There will eventually be two.
Pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks, the best sock book ever. The Easy Toe pattern, which I like because:

1. it's knit toe up, so you can make the most of what yarn you have
2. there's no toe seam to get caught between your big toe and your shoe, making a painful blister. OK, maybe only I have this problem with socks.

3 Comments:

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

we did get spammed - that's why I turned it on. I'll try turning it off, but if we get more spammers, I'll put it back again.

you should be able to find peaches and cream at any craft store or (shhh...don't tell aimee) Wal-Mart. It's pretty cheap - I got a bunch on sale for $1/ball.

If you want to see a picture of my shawl, go back into the archives to fall of last year. Find a picture I posted of the shawl.

There. that's how it still looks.

8/08/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Oh yeah, Julz. Peaches and cream is totally common. It's been around for-freaking-ever. The skeins are kind of small, but like Regan pointed out, they're also super cheap!

8/11/2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

The hedgehog is fantastic! I'm going looking for this pattern right away!

11/14/2006 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home