Sunday, August 06, 2006

UFO Meme

Okay, took this idea from Scout. Here are my current UFOs (Un-Finished Objects):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Coronet, from the Winter '03 Knitty. This was my first project with cables, and all was well until I did the grafting to make the cabled headband bit. I did that inside out, and for reasons still unknown, made the damn thing worse by weaving in the ends. So I have to undo that and do it right. But it pissed me off enough that I threw it across the room first and haven't touched it since...I think April. Yeah.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Twisted Cable Socks pattern from Knitpicks in Dancing - Ballet. I don't know how to count these. I started them in November, I think, and they were meant to be a nice project for me after all the Christmas knitting was done. I got through one of them and then started Regan's Jaywalkers, and these got pushed to the side. This is the second sock, and you can see I'm making progress - generally at Stitch n Bitch, because these are light enough to knit in a dark bar and still see the stitches. However, since I'm currently making Jaywalkers for myself from the "Thanks for the yarn!" yarn that Aimee (and Rick) got me, interest in these has waned. Because how many more damned twisted cables can I do? They're annoying.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Queen Mother of all UFOs, my mom's Faroese Peaks Shawl. Let's see, I got the yarn last September, told her it would be a Christmas present, but she told me to do everyone else's presents first. So then it was going to be my Knitting Olympics project, but it was so ginormous (increases on every other row) that it just didn't happen. Then it was going to be done for when I saw her in March. And then for Mother's Day. And then for her birthday. Now...maybe in time for my birthday as a thank you gift? I think my main problem with this is that huge, large portions of it are garter. And thus boring, in addition to ever-increasing. And when I finally get to the lace bits, I get all flustered and drop stuff and miss yarn overs, and...end up throwing it across the room. Stoopid shawl.

Okay, Aimee and Regan, it's your turn. Show us your UFOs!

5 Comments:

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I only have one UFO. I have LOTS of little FO's though ;) I can post those if you'd like.

8/06/2006 8:39 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Uh, ok. I'll try to pull them all together tomorrow, take pictures, and do a post.

You do nice socks, btw. I'm impressed!

Oh--I did update my picture-blog with six pics of a mini scrapbook I finished this weekend. It's linked on my site as "Aimee's Crafts & Stuff". Go check it out and make me feel good. :)

8/07/2006 2:23 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

ESC sucks for actually finishing things. Oh, but wait, it's a procrastination tool so she doesn't have to finish her writing, isn't it?

Yeah, post 'em. We've ignored this blog for too long, and fall is right around the corner!

Aimee~I am so over those damn purple and pink socks. They're nice to wear (at least the one I finished is) but I will never use yarn with elastic in it again. It's impossible to prevent laddering at the corners.

8/07/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Oh man, you have no idea how nice it is to hear that. I have some of that elastic yarn. About 3/4 through the first sock, I stopped and ripped it all out. I thought maybe it was the pattern...

Actually, I still do think some of it was the pattern. But I also think a lot of it is the yarn is fucking weird.

8/07/2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Note that Knitpicks is no longer promoting Dancing yarn. Because it blows monkeys.

8/08/2006 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home